2013-02-24

Some news from the GuruPlug

Some of you probably remember my very disappointing experience with the Guruplug Server Plus 2.5 years ago. This device was overheating and very poorly designed. I was very angry at GlobalScale's for their crappy design and quite clearly I was not the only one considering the number of people reporting such issues with various fixing methods.

I finally had to resort to similar methods :-(. I had to remove the dangerous power supply from the box, and use its space to install a power plug, a large heatsink, and a thermally-controlled fan. I bought an external 5V/2A power supply and that resulted in a device that I could carry with me for various network experiments requiring two ports. Recently I also installed a small 4-pin connector to access the I2C bus from the outside to ease development.
Power plug
Fan
Heatsink

No comments:

Post a Comment